Shrimp-fried quinoaBy Chatelaine
- 1 cup quinoa , rinsed
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables , such as carrots, peas and corn, thawed
- 1/2 340-g pkg frozen raw peeled small shrimp , thawed (2 cups)
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp hot chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 lime , cut into wedges
- COOK quinoa in a medium saucepan, following package directions, 15 to 17 min. Spread on a baking sheet to cool slightly.
- HEAT oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add onion and cook until softened, 3 min. Add vegetables and cook, stirring, for 3 min. Add shrimp and cook until they turn pink, 2 to 3 min. Add eggs, stirring constantly to scramble, until cooked. Stir in fish sauce, chili-garlic sauce, lime juice, sesame oil and salt, then quinoa. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with chopped chives. Serve with lime wedges.
Chatelaine Quickies: Shrimp and Feta Linguine
Nutrition (per serving)
- 17 g,
- 34 g,
- 9 g,
- 5 g,
- 638 mg.
- Excellent source of