Sheet Pan Cornbread with BBQ Pulled Chicken & Green Tomato SalsaBy Chatelaine
Make this yummy sheet pan meal and save your leftover cornbread for cornbread panzanella salad.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1/4 cup corn kernels , about 2 large cobs
Green Tomato Salsa
- 2 green tomatoes , coarsely chopped, about 2 cups
- 1 large shallot , finely shopped, about 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped jalapeño
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 rotisserie Chicken , skin discarded and meat shredded
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1. Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 425F. Spray a large (about 11 × 17-in.) rimmed baking sheet with oil, then line with parchment.
2. Whisk flours with sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk eggs with buttermilk and butter in a medium bowl, then pour into flour mixture. Fold gently until almost combined. Stir in corn kernels. Pour batter into prepared sheet and smooth top.
3. Bake until top of cornbread is golden brown and springy to the touch, 12 to 13 min. Let cool in pan on a rack for 10 min.
4. Salsa: Stir tomatoes with shallot, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño and salt in a medium bowl. Season
5. Chicken: Stir chicken with barbecue sauce in a medium bowl.
6. Slice cooled cornbread into 6 squares. Reserve 2 squares for Cornbread Panzanella Salad with Peaches, Chicken & Tomatoes. Top remaining cornbread with pulled chicken and tomato salsa.
This is a two-for-one recipe! Save 2 squares of cornbread for Cornbread Panzanella Salad with Peaches, Chicken and Tomatoes.
Corn flour is ground to a much finer texture than cornmeal; it produces a less crumbly cornbread.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 34 g,
- 70 g,
- 18 g,
- 4 g,
- 1165 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12