Sausage & rapini with polenta 'mash'By Chatelaine
A delicious and easy idea for dinner tonight that's ready in 20 minutes.
- 1 bunch rapini , coarsely chopped, about 500 g
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 6 hot Italian sausages , meat removed from casings
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- FILL a large frying pan half full with water and bring to a boil. Add rapini and cook until bright green and wilted, about 1 min. Drain and set aside. Bring milk to a boil in a large saucepan. Measure 1/2 cup milk and set aside.
- HEAT same frying pan over medium high. Crumble sausage meat into pan. Using a wooden spoon, break up sausage into small pieces. Cook until sausage is browned, about 3 min. Stir in rapini until combined.
- WHISK cornmeal and salt into milk and cook until thickened but still loose, about 1 min. Remove from heat and let stand 2 min to completely absorb liquid. Whisk in reserved milk, then divide polenta among 4 bowls. Top with sausage and rapini.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 41 g,
- 32 g,
- 6 g,
- 1041 mg.