Rotisserie Chicken Tartines with Pea PestoBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Shortcut your way to a tartine dinner with a store-bought rotisserie bird. This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken.
- 8 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken , (about 1/2 whole chicken)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 2 garlic cloves , divided
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 large slices sourdough or rustic bread
- Combine 2 tbsp oil, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to combine. Season with pepper.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add peas. Boil until tender, 3 to 4 min. Drain and rinse with cold water. Combine drained peas with 4 tbsp oil, walnuts, mint and 1 garlic clove in a blender or food processor. Pulse until well combined but still chunky. Scrape into a medium bowl, then stir in cheese.
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat broiler. Brush both sides of bread with remaining 2 tbsp oil, then arrange on a baking sheet. Broil until deep golden, 1 to 2 min per side. Cut remaining garlic clove in half and rub 1 side of each toast with cut sides of garlic clove.
- Spread each toast thickly with pea pesto, then cut in half. Top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with more mint leaves, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 36 g,
- 28 g,
- 43 g,
- 4 g,
- 790 mg.