Roasted spaghetti squash with pecorinoBy Chatelaine
This versatile gourd makes a healthy alternative to carb pastas.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil , or melted butter, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- PREHEAT oven to 375F, then line a baking sheet with parchment.
- CUT ends off squash and discard. Halve lengthwise, then scoop out seeds and stringy strands. Brush inside of squash with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then place, cut-side down, on prepared sheet. Roast until a fork is easily inserted in centre, 40 to 45 min. Flip squash and cool about 15 min.
- SHRED squash into long strands using a spoon or fork and transfer to a bowl. Toss with remaining 1 tbsp oil, pecorino and pepper flakes. Serve warm.
Chatelaine Quickies: Macaroni and cheese with roasted butternut squash
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 11 g,
- 11 g,
- 2 g,
- 595 mg.