Updated Mar 10, 2017Chatelaine
small carrots, with stem (about 4 bunches)
racks of lamb, about 16 ribs, at room temperature
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 450F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Set a rack on another baking sheet.
- TRIM carrots, leaving a bit of stem and reserving 1 cup finely chopped carrot tops. Scrub or peel carrots, then toss with 1 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt on prepared sheet. Roast in bottom third of oven, until golden and tender, 25 to 30 min.
- PLACE lamb, fat-side up, on rack. Score fat in a diamond pattern. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Season with fresh pepper. Roast in top third of oven until a thermometer inserted into centre of meat reads 140F for medium-rare, 25 to 30 min.
- WHIRL reserved carrot tops with garlic, walnuts, parmesan, mint, lemon juice and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a food processor. With the motor running, gradually add ½ cup olive oil through spout. Drizzle over roasted carrots and serve with lamb.
- Prep tip: Substitute parsley for carrot tops if you’re having trouble finding them.
NutritionCalories 715, Protein 45 g, Carbohydrates 19 g, Fat 53 g, Fibre 6 g, Sodium 771 mg. Excellent source of vitamin B6
Whip up a batch of basil pesto