Pork chops with apples and a parsnip puréeBy Chatelaine
- 454-g bag parsnips , peeled and cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1 Yukon Gold potato , peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 gala apple , sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup bourbon , (or apple juice)
- 2 tbsp cold butter , cubed
- BOIL parsnips and potato in a pot of water until tender, 15 min. Drain and press through a ricer back into pot. Heat over medium-low, stir in cream and 1/4 tsp salt until parsnip mixture is warmed through. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- SPRINKLE pork chops with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Season with fresh pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add oil, then chops. Cook 4 to 5 min per side. Push pork to side of pan, then add apple slices. Cook until tender and golden brown, about 3 min. Transfer pork and apple to a plate and cover with foil. Add bourbon to hot pan and cook until reduced by half, 3 min. Remove from heat and whisk in butter, 1 cube at a time, until combined. Drizzle over pork.
Baking school: How to make pie
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 30 g,
- 21 g,
- 4 g,
- 410 mg.