Kale pesto pastaBy Chatelaine
There are so many superfoods in this pesto, you’d be forgiven for assuming it won’t taste as delicious as it does.
- 1/2 bunch kale , ribs removed (about 9 cups)
- 375-g pkg tagliatelle pasta
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan , divided
- 1 cup walnut halves , toasted, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame , thawed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- BOIL a large pot of water. Chop kale into smaller pieces then add to boiling water. Cook for 30 sec. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and transfer to a strainer; rinse well under cold water. Drain well.
- ADD tagliatelle to boiling water and cook, following package directions but omitting salt, until tender, 10 to 12 min.
- WHIRL kale with 1 cup parmesan, walnuts, edamame, garlic and salt in a food processor until finely chopped. Season with fresh pepper. With motor still running, slowly add oil, stopping and scraping down sides of bowl with a spatula when necessary.
- DRAIN pasta, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pot. Scrape pesto into pasta and stir until coated. If pasta is dry, add pasta water, 1 tbsp at a time, until creamy. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup parmesan and additional walnuts.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 29 g,
- 66 g,
- 57 g,
- 6 g,
- 937 mg.
- Excellent source of