Kitchen Tip: To turn this into a party appetizer, use chicken wings in place of drumsticks, and bake 25 to 30 min.
Pad Thai chicken drumsticks with bean sprout slawBy Chatelaine
Served with a bean sprout slaw, this pad Thai chicken drumsticks recipe is like a deconstruction of a favourite Thai dish.
- 8 chicken drumsticks , (about 1 kg)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp pad Thai sauce , such as Thai Kitchen, divided
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 284-g bag carrot and broccoli slaw , (4 cups)
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 4 green onions , thinly sliced, divided
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts , divided
- 2 red Thai chilies , (optional)
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- TOSS chicken with 1/2 cup pad Thai sauce in a large bowl. Arrange on prepared sheet and bake, flipping halfway, until skin is browned and centres are no longer pink, about 30 min.
- WHISK 2 tbsp pad Thai sauce, rice vinegar and oil in a large bowl.
- ADD slaw, bean sprouts, 3 green onions, cilantro, 3 tbsp peanuts and half of the chilies to the bowl, then toss until coated.
- BRUSH baked chicken drumsticks with remaining 1/4 cup pad Thai sauce. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts, green onion and chilies, then serve with slaw.
Chatelaine Quickies: Roast Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Nutrition (per serving)
- 39 g,
- 36 g,
- 35 g,
- 4 g,
- 743 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C