Updated Oct 9, 2018Chatelaine
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Brush a 9-in. pie plate with oil.
- PLACE grated potato in a clean tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Transfer to a bowl and stir in egg white and 1/4 tsp salt until combined. Press evenly onto bottom and sides of pie plate. Bake in centre of oven until golden, about 30 min.
- MELT butter in a large frying pan over medium-high. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until browned, about 8 min. Reduce heat to medium if they start to burn. Stir in peppers and garlic. Cook for 2 more min. Remove from heat.
- WHISK 4 eggs with cream, 1/2 cup parmesan and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Stir in onion mixture until combined. Scrape into warm potato crust.
- REDUCE oven temp to 350F. Bake in centre of oven until quiche is set, about 35 min. Sprinkle quiche with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan.