Moroccan chicken with couscousBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 cup couscous
- 500 g chicken scallopini
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sultana raisins
- 1/4 cup dried apricots , cut in half
- 1 cup green beans , trimmed and cut into 1-in. pieces
- COOK couscous, following package directions. Fluff gently with a fork.
- SPRINKLE chicken with salt. Season with fresh pepper.
- HEAT an extra-large frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tbsp oil, then chicken. Cook until golden, about 1 min per side. Transfer to a plate.
- ADD remaining 1 tbsp oil to pan. Add garlic, cumin, turmeric, paprika and cinnamon. Stir for 30 sec. Pour in broth, orange juice, sultanas and apricots. Boil until slightly thickened, about 5 min. Add beans and chicken, and cook until beans are just tender, 2 to 3 min. Serve over couscous.
The easiest way to peel and mince garlic
Nutrition (per serving)
- 36 g,
- 48 g,
- 9 g,
- 3 g,
- 446 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A