Mediterranean turkey burgerBy Chatelaine
Topped with fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil, this quick dinner pairs well with a glass of aromatic bubbly.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives , pitted and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 450 g ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns , toasted
- 125 g fresh mozzarella , cut into 4 slices
- 1 beefsteak tomato , sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium.
- BEAT egg in a bowl. stir in olives, bread crumbs, seasoning and salt. Mix in turkey. Shape into 4 burgers, each 1/2-in. thick.
- OIL grill. Barbecue burgers, with lid closed, until cooked through, about 5 min per side. Serve on buns, topped with cheese, tomatoes and basil.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32 g,
- 36 g,
- 23 g,
- 3 g,
- 928 mg.
Herb and olive turkey burger. Pair it with: Some aromatic bubbles.
This superb-value sparkler is a vibrant mix of three aromatic grape varietals: riesling, muscat and vidal. These complex flavours are easy to enjoy, making this prosecco-like wine just the thing to sip with herb-seasoned burgers.
Our pick: Hinterland Wine Company Whitecap, Ontario, $22.