Linguine with arugula pesto and pancettaBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Fresh arugula makes a nutty and almost spicy pesto. Make it ahead and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cups packed arugula
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup grated gorgonzola
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 450 g linguine
- 100 g pancetta , diced (about 3/4 cup)
- DROP garlic clove through the spout of a food processor (or blender) while motor is running. Add arugula, almonds, gorgonzola, lemon juice and salt. Pulse until finely chopped. With motor still running, gradually add olive and canola oils. (If using a blender, slowly add oils, stopping after every couple of tbsp to scrape down sides with a spatula.)
- COOK pasta in a large pot of boiling water, seasoned with 1 tbsp salt, following package directions, until tender, 6 to 7 min. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add pancetta and cook until crisp, 1 to 2 min. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Add pesto to same pan.
- DRAIN pasta and add to pan along with 1/4 cup reserved water. Toss with half of pancetta. Add remaining 1/4 cup water, if needed. Divide pasta among 4 plates. Sprinkle each with remaining pancetta.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 11 g,
- 5 g,
- 39 g,
- 2 g,
- 919 mg.
- Good source of
- Vitamin A