Lentil ragu over polentaBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- reserved lentil mixture , from Lentil Bolognese (link below)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- fresh pepper , to season
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- HEAT reserved lentil mixture (from Lentil Bolognese) in a medium saucepan over medium, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 5 min.
- COMBINE milk with salt in a large saucepan over medium-high. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Gradually whisk in fine cornmeal until polenta is tender and creamy, about 3 min. Whisk in butter. Season with fresh pepper.
- SPOON polenta into 4 bowls and top with Lentil Bolognese. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with parsley.
- Pro tip: Polenta is a versatile base for flavourful toppings. If you prefer a softer and creamier polenta, add more liquid at the end. For a thicker and heartier polenta, use more cornmeal.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 27 g,
- 71 g,
- 22 g,
- 8 g,
- 905 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin B6