Kitchen Tip: This recipe was developed using the Instant Pot Duo Plus model. Results may vary on different models.
Instant Pot pulled pork with ginger-bourbon sauceBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
2 hrs 40 min
- 2 kg boneless pork shoulder , cut into 6 pieces
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion , thinly sliced
- 1 355-mL can ginger ale
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- PRESS Saute button on Normal. Add oil to Instant Pot. When HOT message appears, cook 2 pieces of pork, browning meat on all sides, about 2 min per side, then transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining pork.
- ADD onion and cook until softened, about 3 min. Stir in ginger ale, then scrape bits off bottom of pot. Add pork and any juices to Instant Pot.
- PUT the lid on the Instant Pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Press Manual Pressure Cook button, on High, and set for 1 hr (will take about 10 min to come to pressure). When cooking finishes, do not touch to allow pressure to release naturally for 15 min, then open pressure-release valve to complete depressurization, about 1 min.
- REMOVE pork and onions to a plate. Strain liquid into a measuring cup. Wait until the fat rises to the top, about 5 min, then spoon fat off the top and discard. Return liquid to Instant Pot. Press Saute button and bring sauce to a simmer. Add apple jelly, ketchup, vinegar, bourbon, Worcestershire, Tabasco, garlic powder and ginger. Cook, uncovered, until jelly is dissolved and sauce is thickened, about 40 min. Meanwhile, shred pork with 2 forks. Add pork and onions to sauce and stir to coat. Serve on toasted kaiser buns with coleslaw. Pork will keep well, refrigerated, up to 3 days.
Chatelaine Quickies: Gourmet hot dogs
Nutrition (per cup)
- 44 g,
- 41 g,
- 18 g,
- 1 g,
- 526 mg.