Serving Tip: To make the main salad vegetarian, omit the bacon and fry the bread and savory in 2 tbsp olive oil.
Holiday salad with bacon pangrattatoBy Chatelaine
- 4 slices bacon , coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely torn bread , such as dinner rolls
- 1 tsp dried savory
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sage
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 142-g pkg spring mix lettuce leaves
- 1 red apple , thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans , (optional)
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, 6 to 8 min. Transfer bacon to a paper towel–lined plate, leaving drippings in pan.
- ADD bread and savory to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted and golden brown, 3 to 4 min. Transfer croutons to plate with bacon.
- WHISK sage, oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar and salt in a very large bowl.
- ADD spring mix, apple, celery, cranberries, and pecans, if desired, to dressing, then toss to combine. Sprinkle with bacon and croutons.
Chatelaine Quickies: Thai steak salad
[bc_video video_id=”5042204702001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”default”]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 13 g,
- 11 g,
- 2 g,
- 183 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin A