Aug 2, 2017Chatelaine
extra-virgin olive oil, divided
PC Butter Puff Pastry, thawed
finely chopped chives
heirloom tomatoes, various sizes and colours, sliced or halved
sea salt, (optional)
fresh basil leaves
mircogreens or baby arugula
- PREHEAT oven to 400F, then line a baking sheet with parchment.
- CUT off and discard top of garlic. Place bulb on a large piece of foil. Drizzle with 1 tsp of the oil, then wrap with foil. Roast until garliccloves are soft, about 50 min.
- ROLL puff pastry to a 14 × 10-in. rectangle on a lightly floured surface, then place on prepared sheet. Prick pastry all over with a fork. Refrigerate for 15 min.
- BAKE until golden brown, about 12 min. Let cool on a rack for 20 min.
- SQUEEZE garlic from bulb into a bowl. Mash into a paste with a fork, then stir in quark, chives, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Spread over pastry, leaving a border. Arrange tomatoes on top and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining 2 tsp of oil, then garnish with basil and microgreens.
Kitchen Tip: Quark is a low-fat, spreadable cheese with a tangy finish.
NutritionCalories 184, Protein 6 g, Carbohydrates 15 g, Fat 11 g, Fibre 2 g, Sodium 246 mg.
Weekend Baking: Classic butter tarts