Click here for nine more ways to add mushrooms to dinner.
Grilled vegetable fajitas
Impress vegetarians and meat-lovers alike with this yummy recipe. Serve on warm tortillas with tomato guacamole.
- 4 portobello mushrooms , gills scraped out
- 2 red bell peppers , cut in half lengthwise
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp Chipotle Tabasco sauce
- Preheat barbecue to medium.
- Brush vegetables with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Oil grill, then barbecue vegetables, with lid closed, until tender, 5 to 6 min per side. Transfer to a cutting board. Slice into strips. Grill tortillas until grill marks are visible, about 30 sec.
- Drizzle vegetables with Tabasco and serve on warm tortillas with Tomato guacamole.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 7 g,
- 37 g,
- 9 g,
- 4 g,
- 615 mg.
GRILLED MUSHROOMS AND VEGGIES | bright berry
A delicious bottle of the exotic zweigelt varietal always deserves attention. Blackberries and cherries explode on the tongue, creating a uniquely Austrian taste that has terrific synergy with the mildly spiced vegetable fajitas.
Zvy-Gelt, Austria, $17.