Serve with a side of Cauliflower ‘rice’.
Grilled steak with spicy cilantro sauceBy Chatelaine
Ready in 25 minutes! Serve with a side of cauliflower 'rice' and an easygoing red wine.
- 4 grilling steaks , about 500 g, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 serrano chilies , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium-high. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt and season with fresh pepper.
- WHIRL garlic and chilis in a food processor until finely chopped. Add lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, cilantro and mint. Whirl until finely chopped. Scrape into a small bowl. Set aside.
- OIL grill. Barbecue steaks, with lid open, 3 to 5 min per side for medium-rare if steak is 1 in. thick. Transfer steaks to a cutting board. Let stand 5 min, then slice into thin strips. Serve steak drizzled with cilantro sauce and sprinkled with more mint of desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 27 g,
- 11 g,
- 12 g,
- 1 g,
- 1045 mg.
Pair it with: An easygoing French fave
This cabernet franc from the Loire Valley has a pleasingly assertive acidity and red-cherry and raspberry flavours. Exuberant yet approachable, it pairs perfectly with grilled beef and herbs.
Our Pick: Domaine du Petit Clocher Cabernet Franc, France, $15.