Grilled satay tofu skewersBy Chatelaine
1 h 30 min
- 1 350-g pkg extra-firm tofu
- 1 165-mL can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- SOAK 8 wooden skewers in warm water for 20 min.
- POKE holes all over tofu with a skewer. Pat dry with paper towels and cut into 3/4-in. cubes. Whisk coconut milk, curry paste, brown sugar, peanut butter and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Add tofu and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 1 hr.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Shake excess marinade off tofu and back into the bowl. Divide marinated tofu and thread onto skewers.
- SCRAPE marinade into a small saucepan and set over medium-high. Cook, stirring often, until mixture reduces by half, 5 to 6 min. Set aside.
- OIL grill. Grill skewers, lid closed, turning every 1 to 2 min, until grill marks form. Brush with satay sauce. Serve with Thai basil and cilantro salad and rice.
Chatelaine Quickies: Gingery tofu and rice noodle soup
[bc_video video_id=”5170704359001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 9 g,
- 18 g,
- 1 g,
- 406 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin A