Updated Oct 15, 2018Chatelaine
- SOAK 8 wooden skewers in warm water for 20 min.
- POKE holes all over tofu with a skewer. Pat dry with paper towels and cut into 3/4-in. cubes. Whisk coconut milk, curry paste, brown sugar, peanut butter and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Add tofu and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 1 hr.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Shake excess marinade off tofu and back into the bowl. Divide marinated tofu and thread onto skewers.
- SCRAPE marinade into a small saucepan and set over medium-high. Cook, stirring often, until mixture reduces by half, 5 to 6 min. Set aside.
- OIL grill. Grill skewers, lid closed, turning every 1 to 2 min, until grill marks form. Brush with satay sauce. Serve with Thai basil and cilantro salad and rice.
NutritionCalories 242, Protein 15 g, Carbohydrates 9 g, Fat 18 g, Fibre 1 g, Sodium 406 mg. Good source of vitamin A
Chatelaine Quickies: Gingery tofu and rice noodle soup