Serving tip: If you have harissa seasoning, sprinkle over before serving for a bit of heat.
Green shakshukaBy Chatelaine
This protein-packed green shakshuka is perfect for dinner or brunch.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 540-mL can green lentils , drained
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups packed torn kale , stems removed
- 1 227-g pkg snap peas , trimmed and halved
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- HEAT a large 12-in. frying pan over medium. Add oil, then onion and garlic. Cook until softened, about 3 min. Stir in cumin and cook 1 min.
- ADD lentils and broth. Season with pepper. Simmer until most of the liquid evaporates, 12 to 15 min.
- STIR in kale and snap peas and cook until kale wilts, 1 min.
- MAKE 4 small wells in the mixture with a spoon. Crack an egg into each well. Cover and simmer until egg whites are set, 4 to 5 min. Sprinkle with feta and parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 21 g,
- 35 g,
- 16 g,
- 8 g,
- 797 mg.