Miso-glazed chicken thighs with broccoli. Photo, Carmen Cheung.
packed sliced king oyster
, cut in large florets
, (about 1 kg)
, sliced diagonally
- COOK rice following package directions. Let stand for 10 min, then fluff with a fork.
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- STIR miso with honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and garlic in a small bowl. Toss mushrooms and broccoli with half of miso mixture in a medium bowl. Set aside. Arrange chicken on prepared sheet, then brush with remaining miso mixture.
- BAKE chicken for 15 min. Move chicken to 1 side and arrange vegetables in 1 layer on other side of baking sheet. Continue baking until chicken is glazed and mushrooms are tender, 8 to 10 min more.
- SERVE chicken with mushroom mixture and rice. Garnish with green onions just before serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 55 g,
- 53 g,
- 15 g,
- 3 g,
- 858 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6
One-dish dinners save time on dishes, and time in front of the stove on weeknights. Another bonus? Chicken thighs are an affordable cut that deliver big on flavour. We like serving this alongside freshly cooked rice — but you could incorporate another grain if you like.
Watch: How to clean mushrooms