Aug 2, 2017Chatelaine
- STIR tomatoes, oil, lemon juice and ¼ tsp salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- GNOCCHI: Beat egg in another large bowl, then stir in ricotta, parmesan, garlic, herbs, lemon zest, 3/4 tsp salt and pepper until combined. Stir in flour until just combined. Divide dough into 4 portions. Roll each portion into 9-in.-long logs, then cut each into 10 pieces.
- BRING a large pot of salted water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium for a gentle boil. Line a baking sheet with a kitchen towel. Cook gnocchi in 2 batches until floating and cooked through, about 3 min. Remove with a slotted spoon, onto prepared sheet.
- HEAT oil in an extra-large frying pan over medium-high. Cook gnocchi in 2 batches, flipping once, until golden, about 1 min per side. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- REDUCE heat to medium. Add corn and cook for 1 min. Add tomato mixture and cook until warm, about 2 min. Stir in fresh basil and add to gnocchi. Serve with more parmesan.
Kitchen Tip: We like a smooth, dry ricotta for velvety, light gnocchi. If needed, drain ricotta on a paper towel to absorb any excess water. If smooth ricotta is unavailable, press traditional ricotta through a fine-mesh sieve with the back of a spoon.
Kitchen Tip: For tender, pillowy texture, go light on the flour. Add gradually, using only as much as needed until the dough just comes together. This will prevent gluten formation.
NutritionCalories 366, Protein 19 g, Carbohydrates 26 g, Fat 21 g, Fibre 3 g, Sodium 961 mg. Excellent source of vitamin A
Chatelaine Quickies: One pot pasta