, thinly sliced
soft cheese spread
, preferably black pepper Boursin
, cut in half horizontally
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Cook pancetta until crispy, 2 to 3 min. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spread tomatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Roast in centre of oven for 15 to 18 min, stirring halfway through. Let cool.
- Return pan to stovetop, then add onions. Sprinkle sugar and 1/8 tsp salt over onions. Season with pepper. Cook until onions are golden, 10 to 12 min. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Whisk egg with Dijon, Worcestershire and 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Add beef. Gently mix. Shape into 4 burgers, each about 1/2 in. thick. Press a shallow depression in centre of each to help keep their shape while cooking.
- Oil grill and barbecue burgers, lid closed, until cooked through, 5 to 7 min per side. Stack caramelized onions, arugula, beef patty, black pepper cheese, pancetta, roasted tomatoes, basil and Lemon-Pepper Aioli between buns.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 41 g,
- 68 g,
- 62 g,
- 6 g,
- 1582 mg.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp lemon zest
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Stir mayonnaise with garlic, lemon zest and juice, and pepper in a small bowl until smooth.
Makes 1/2 cup | Per tbsp 99 calories, 1 g carbs, 11 g fat, 78 mg sodium.