Flank steak with snow pea and radish saladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 flank or skirt steak , about 600 g
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 2 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tbsp chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 280 g grape or cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 medium red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes , sliced
- 200 g snow peas , trimmed
- 4 basil leaves , torn
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium-high. Pat steak dry with paper towels. Combine 2 tbsp oil with 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl and brush over both sides of steak. Season with fresh pepper. Oil grill. Barbecue steak, lid open, until medium-rare, 4 to 6 min per side. Transfer to a cutting board and rest, covered with foil, at least 5 min.
- WHISK remaining 1/4 cup oil with vinegar, jalapeno, Dijon, garlic and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Stir in tomatoes, onion, radishes, snow peas and basil until combined.
- SLICE the steak thinly against the grain and serve with the snow pea salad.
Steak grilling tips and tricks
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33 g,
- 10 g,
- 27 g,
- 3 g,
- 401 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C