Faux alfredo sauceBy Chatelaine
Surprise! This creamy alfredo sauce recipe is actually made with...cauliflower! This version of alfredo is a great way to sneak vegetables into your pasta night dinners.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium cauliflower , chopped
- 1/2 900-mL container vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- fresh pepper , to season
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup 35% cream
- 450 g cooked fettucine pasta
- finely chopped parsley , to garnish
- MELT butter in a large pot over medium. Add minced garlic. Cook until soft, 1 min.
- ADD cauliflower, chopped, and vegetable broth. Boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until very soft, 15 min. Transfer to a blender with salt and nutmeg. Season with fresh pepper. Purée until smooth.
- RETURN to pot and stir in parmesan and cream. Cook over medium until heated through, 2 min. Add cooked fettuccine. Garnish alfredo sauce with parsley.