Falafel Buddha bowl
Photo, Erik Putz.
Falafel, pepitas, bulgur, beets, squash, arugula, tahini, garlic and honey! What doesn't this bowl have?
, halved, seeds removed and cut into 1/2-in. slices
, finely grated
, peeled and grated
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven, then preheat to 425F. Set aside 2 baking sheets.
- BRING 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add bulgur and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until tender, about 15 min. Remove from heat and let stand, 5 min. Fluff with a fork.
- TOSS squash with 1 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt, then spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake in top third of oven until tender and slightly browned, 10 to 12 min, turning halfway.
- PLACE falafel on the other sheet. Bake in bottom third of oven until hot, 8 to 10 min.
- WHISK lemon juice, tahini, garlic, honey and remaining 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp salt with 3 tbsp water in a bowl until smooth.
- DIVIDE bulgur among bowls, then top with arugula, beet, squash and falafel. Top with pepitas and drizzle with dressing.
Chatelaine Quickies: Mushroom grain bowl
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 60 g,
- 26 g,
- 12 g,
- 773 mg.