Updated Mar 19, 2018Chatelaine
acorn squash, halved, seeds removed and cut into 1/2-in. slices
canola oil, divided
garlic clove, finely grated
beet, peeled and grated
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven, then preheat to 425F. Set aside 2 baking sheets.
- BRING 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add bulgur and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until tender, about 15 min. Remove from heat and let stand, 5 min. Fluff with a fork.
- TOSS squash with 1 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt, then spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake in top third of oven until tender and slightly browned, 10 to 12 min, turning halfway.
- PLACE falafel on the other sheet. Bake in bottom third of oven until hot, 8 to 10 min.
- WHISK lemon juice, tahini, garlic, honey and remaining 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp salt with 3 tbsp water in a bowl until smooth.
- DIVIDE bulgur among bowls, then top with arugula, beet, squash and falafel. Top with pepitas and drizzle with dressing.
NutritionCalories 508, Protein 15 g, Carbohydrates 60 g, Fat 26 g, Fibre 12 g, Sodium 773 mg.
Chatelaine Quickies: Mushroom grain bowl