Charred eggplant and shiitake mushroom bruschettaBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 large Japanese eggplant , halved lengthwise
- 3 shiitake mushrooms
- 4 1/2-in. slices artisanal sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp miso
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro or mint
- 1 garlic clove , cut in half
- 1 tsp sea salt
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Oil grill.
- BRUSH eggplant, mushrooms and bread with oil, then cook until grill marks form and eggplant is fork-tender, 3 to 4 min per side. Transfer eggplant and mushrooms to a cutting board and thinly slice. Stir miso, honey, vinegar and cilantro in a medium bowl. Toss with vegetables.
- TRANSFER bread to a plate and rub 1 side of each toast with garlic. Cut each in half. Sprinkle with salt.
- TOP each bread with 2 heaping tbsp of eggplant mix.
Chatelaine Quickies: Mushroom grain bowl
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 12 g,
- 4 g,
- 1 g,
- 366 mg.