Drippy BBQ ribs with a DIY sauceBy Chatelaine
1 h 30 min
From the pickiest eater to the biggest appetite, we've got you covered with recipes guaranteed to please everyone on your summer BBQ guest list.
- 2 racks pork back ribs , about 1.5 kg each, cut in half
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- TRIM any excess fat off ribs. Arrange ribs, meaty-side up, in a very large, wide pot. Add enough water to cover ribs. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, turning ribs occasionally, until meat is fork-tender, 45 to 60 min. Transfer ribs to a platter.
- STIR ketchup with vinegar, sugar, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and hot sauce in a saucepan over medium. Gently boil, stirring often, until sauce starts to thicken, 12 to 15 min.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium-low. Brush ribs with sauce. Oil grill. Barbecue ribs, lid open, turning and basting often with sauce, until ribs are well glazed and heated through, 8 to 10 min. Transfer to a cutting board. Slice into 1-rib portions and serve.
The best tips and tricks for BBQ ribs
[brightcove id=’2494546756001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 58 g,
- 22 g,
- 55 g,
- 1 g,
- 784 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6