Donna Hay's tarragon and lemon roasted chickenBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This savoury chicken dish is from Donna Hay's cookbook, The New Easy.
- 1.8kg chicken pieces , on the bone
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 10 small sprigs tarragon
- 1 tbsp shredded lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic , sliced
- 2 fennel bulbs , trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup (125mL) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125mL) chicken stock
- lemon wedges , to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Heat a heavy-based ovenproof casserole dish on a stovetop over high heat. Score the chicken skin at regular intervals, drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Add to the dish and cook for 6–8 minutes each side or until well browned. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the tarragon, lemon, garlic and fennel to the dish and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Return the chicken to the dish with the wine and stock and bring to a simmer. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Serve with the lemon wedges.