Crispy Pork KatsuBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Elevate your weeknight dinners with this delicious and crispy pork katsu.
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 boneless pork loin chops , pounded into 1/4-in. thickness
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ cup canola oil , divided
- ¼ green cabbage , thinly sliced, about 4 cups
- 1 lemon , cut into wedges
- Finely chopped green onion , (optional)
- Tonkatsu: Stir ketchup with Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Whisk eggs in a second shallow bowl. Place panko in a third shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle pork with salt. Season with pepper. Dredge 1 chop in flour, then shake off excess. Dip into eggs, then coat in panko, pressing to adhere. Transfer to a baking rack. Repeat with remaining chops.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan set over medium-high. Add 2 tbsp oil. When hot, add two chops (do not crowd pan.) Cook, flipping halfway, until golden brown, 3 to 4 min per side. Wipe pan clean, then repeat with remaining 2 tbsp oil and chops.
- Serve pork katsu with sliced cabbage and lemon wedges. Sprinkle with green onion. Drizzle with tonkatsu sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 34 g,
- 27 g,
- 36 g,
- 3 g,
- 760 mg.