Creamy squash soupBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 900-mL carton no-salt vegetable broth
- 5 cups chopped butternut squash
- fried and chopped bacon , (to garnish)
- fried sage leaves , (to garnish)
- HEAT olive oil in a medium pot over medium. Add garlic and onion. Cook until onion is soft, about 3 min. Add tomato paste, chopped fresh sage, salt and cayenne. Pour in vegetable broth and butternut squash.
- BOIL, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until squash is very tender, 15 to 20 min. Use a hand blender to purée soup.
- LADLE soup into bowls. Garnish with fried crisp bacon and sage leaves, if desired.