Aug 2, 2017Chatelaine
peaches, thinly sliced
thinly sliced red onion
pickerel fish fillets, patted dry
canola oil, divided
lime wedges, (optional)
- STIR lime zest, chili powder and ¼ tsp of the salt in a small bowl.
- TOSS watermelon, peaches, onion, cilantro, lime juice and 1 tsp of the chili mixture in a large bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- SPRINKLE fish with remaining 3/4 tsp salt and ½ tsp chili mixture. Place egg in a shallow bowl and cornmeal on a plate. Dip fish in egg to coat, then press into cornmeal.
- HEAT 1 tbsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add half of the fish and cook until golden, 2 min per side. Repeat, adding more oil if needed. Transfer to a plate.
- SERVE fish and salad with lime wedges, and sprinkle with the remaining chili mixture.
Pro tip: Look for pre-portioned pickerel fillets in the freezer aisle.
NutritionCalories 346, Protein 26 g, Carbohydrates 31 g, Fat 14 g, Fibre 3 g, Sodium 656 mg. Excellent source of vitamin B12
Chatelaine Quenchers: Boozy watermelon ice pops