Classic coleslawBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 large carrot , cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 tsp celery seed , (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- RUB cabbage with sugar and salt in a large bowl. Let sit for 15 min. Stir in carrots.
- STIR in mayo, vinegar and celery seed. Add parsley and stir to coat. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hr.
Chatelaine Quickies: Summer corn pasta salad
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 8 g,
- 6 g,
- 2 g,
- 244 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C