Citrus grilled chicken with pineapple saladBy Chatelaine
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sriracha hot sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pineapple
- 1 cucumber , coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint
- PLACE chicken breasts on a cutting board. Lay a piece of plastic wrap over chicken. Using a rolling pin or mallet, pound until chicken in 1/2-in. thick. Whisk 1/3 cup lemon juice with sriracha, honey, canola oil, lemon zest, and 1/2 tsp salt in a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade. Pour remaining marinade into a large zip-lock bag. Add chicken to bag. Seal bag, letting all the air out. Massage chicken until coated. Let stand for 20 min.
- COMBINE pineapple with cucumber in a large bowl. Stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1/4 tsp salt. Cover and let stand at least 10 min.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Oil grill. Barbecue chicken, with lid closed, until springy when pressed, 4 to 5 min per side. Brush chicken with reserved marinade during last 2 min of grilling. Chop mint leaves and stir into salad just before serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 47 g,
- 34 g,
- 8 g,
- 3 g,
- 550 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6
Grilled chicken with pineapple salad
Pair it with: An unoaked chardonnay.
Summery chicken dishes call for a refreshing glass of crisp, unoaked chardonnay. This one from the Midi, in France, has an irresistible nose of Golden Delicious apple, pear and lemon zest.
Top pick: Laurent Miquel Pére et Fils Chardonnay, France. $12.