Chilled tofu with ginger-sesame sauceBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Cold soft tofu drizzled with a punchy ginger dressing is so refreshing on a hot day. This recipe is a test-kitchen favourite.
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 284-g pkg baby spinach
- 300-g pkg soft tofu , chilled
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup bonito flakes , optional
- BOIL a kettle of water.
- WHISK soy with sugar in a small bowl until sugar dissolves. Whisk in lemon and lime juices, ginger and sesame oil.
- PLACE spinach in a colander over a large bowl. Pour hot water over spinach, stirring until wilted. Rinse with cold water and drain. Squeeze out excess water. Divide spinach between 2 plates, forming a 6-in. bed. Gently remove tofu from package. Cut in half crosswise, then cut each block into 4 slices. Gently lay 4 slices on top of each spinach bed. Drizzle each salad with 2 tbsp dressing. Top with onion and bonito flakes.
Flaked bonito, or katsuobushi, is dried and smoked tuna. It’s delicious and adds depth to broths, rice and tofu dishes. Look for it in large plastic packages in Asian specialty food shops.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 12 g,
- 9 g,
- 4 g,
- 412 mg.