Updated May 24, 2016Chatelaine
- COOK rice according to package directions but omitting salt, 15 to 20 min.
- HEAT a very large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add oil, then onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until onion is soft, 3 to 4 min. Increase heat to high. Add chicken. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 5 min. Drain fat. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook, stirring often, until chicken is golden brown, 4 to 5 min.
- ADD kale, lime juice, fish sauce and chili flakes. Stir until kale wilts, 2 min. Refrigerate 2 cups of mixture for Thai chicken rice noodle rolls.
- DIVIDE rice among 4 plates. Top with remaining chicken-kale mixture. Return pan to stovetop over medium.
- CRACK eggs into pan. Cook, covered, until whites are no longer runny, 2 to 3 min. Top each plate with a fried egg.
NutritionCalories 663, Protein 39 g, Carbohydrates 73 g, Fat 23 g, Fibre 3 g, Sodium 842 mg. Excellent source of vitamin C
Mastering the basics: kale caesar