Chicken and asparagus pan bakeBy Chatelaine
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp honey
- 560 g cherry tomatoes , (2 280-g pkgs)
- 1 head garlic cloves , separate and peeled
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 1 bunch asparagus , trimmed
- lemon wedges
- ARRANGE oven racks in middle and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 425F.
- BRUSH chicken with honey. Divide chicken, along with tomatoes, garlic and thyme sprigs, between 2 baking sheets. Drizzle each sheet with 1 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt.
- SEASON with fresh pepper. Toss until chicken and vegetables are well coated.
- BAKE in middle and bottom thirds of oven, 15 min. Divide asparagus between baking sheets. Switch sheets and continue baking until chicken is golden and no pink remains, 15 to 20 more min. Reserve 4 drumsticks, 1 cup tomatoes and 3 garlic cloves for roasted chicken salad.
- DIVIDE chicken and vegetables among 4 plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
How to blanch asparagus
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31 g,
- 12 g,
- 17 g,
- 3 g,
- 363 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6