Excerpted from The Campout Cookbook by Marnie Hanel and Jen Stevenson (Artisan Books). Copyright © 2018. Illustrations by Emily Isabella. Used with permission from the publisher.
The Campout Cookbook's spicy roasted garlic butterBy Chatelaine
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter , softened
- 1 head garlic , roasted, cloves peeled
- 1 tbsp minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp red-hot-chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Start with 8 tablespoons (1 stick) softened unsalted butter, and mix in the seasonings with a fork or in a food processor. Transfer the compound butter to a widemouthed 8-ounce Mason jar and refrigerate until there’s a reason for the season. Butters will keep for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.