Excerpted from The Campout Cookbook by Marnie Hanel and Jen Stevenson (Artisan Books). Copyright © 2018. Illustrations by Emily Isabella. Used with permission from the publisher.
The Campout Cookbook's Camp-ari cup jelly shotsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
The classier cousin of everyone’s favourite spring break party animal, this upgraded jelly shot is made with top-shelf liquor, fresh citrus juices, and homemade simple syrup.
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp simple syrup
- Two 1/4 ounce packets unflavoured powdered gelatin
- 2/3 cup St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- 3 tbsp Campari
- candied grapefruit peel , for garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first three ingredients listed in the recipe. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and let it bloom, about 5 minutes. Heat the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring until all the gelatin has dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the liqueur, mix well, and distribute evenly among twelve 2-ounce lidded plastic cups. Corral the jelly shots on a rimmed baking sheet, refrigerate for at least 2 hours, garnish (optional), snap on the lids, and stack in the cooler.