Beet pizzaBy Chatelaine
- 1 sheet puff pastry , thawed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced beets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta
- fresh basil , to garnish
- UNROLL puff pastry onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use a paring knife to score a 1/2-in. border around pastry square. With a fork, prick holes all over pastry.
- BAKE at 400F for 15 min.
- BRUSH egg evenly over pastry. Layer with sliced beets. Brush with olive oil, then sprinkle with feta.
- BAKE at 400F in bottom third of oven until golden, 15 to 20 more min.
- SPRINKLE with fresh basil.