Updated Dec 7, 2018Chatelaine
cured spicy chorizo sausage, chopped
red bell pepper, chopped
yellow bell pepper, chopped
large onion, finely chopped
garlic cloves, minced
2 1/2 cups
shredded mozzarella, divided
grated manchego cheese, divided
chopped basil, divided
- PREHEAT oven to 400F, then spray a 9 × 13-in. baking dish with oil. Place on a baking sheet.
- COOK pasta following package directions. Drain and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium-high. Add chorizo and cook until it begins to brown, about 3 min. Add both peppers, onions and salt and cook until peppers begin to soften, 6 min. Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- STIR in passata, pasta and reserved cooking liquid until coated. Stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of the manchego cheese and 1/2 cup of the basil.
- SCRAPE into prepared dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 min. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup manchego cheese. Continue baking until cheese is melted, about 5 min. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup basil.
NutritionCalories 478, Protein 24 g, Carbohydrates 43 g, Fat 23 g, Fibre 2 g, Sodium 779 mg. Excellent source of vitamin C
How to dice an onion