Baked rigatoni with spicy chorizoBy Chatelaine
8 to 10
This oven-baked chorizo pasta is perfection. Topped with mozzarella and manchego cheese, our spicy rigatoni will be a hit around the dinner table.
- 450 g rigatoni pasta
- 250 g cured spicy chorizo sausage , chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper , chopped
- 1 large onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 660-mL jar passata
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella , divided
- 1 cup grated manchego cheese , divided
- 3/4 cup chopped basil , divided
- PREHEAT oven to 400F, then spray a 9 × 13-in. baking dish with oil. Place on a baking sheet.
- COOK pasta following package directions. Drain and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium-high. Add chorizo and cook until it begins to brown, about 3 min. Add both peppers, onions and salt and cook until peppers begin to soften, 6 min. Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- STIR in passata, pasta and reserved cooking liquid until coated. Stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of the manchego cheese and 1/2 cup of the basil.
- SCRAPE into prepared dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 min. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup manchego cheese. Continue baking until cheese is melted, about 5 min. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup basil.
How to dice an onion
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24 g,
- 43 g,
- 23 g,
- 2 g,
- 779 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C