Baked asparagus friesBy Chatelaine
Crisp, golden and...healthy? These asparagus fries make a perfect spring snack or a beautiful accompaniment to seafood or meat.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp chili flakes , to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bunch asparagus , trimmed
- mayonnaise , optional
- soy sauce , optional
- PREHEAT oven to 425F.
- MIX flour and pepper on a plate.
- BEAT eggs in a second plate, season with pepper.
- STIR panko with parmesan, salt and chili flakes on another plate. Season with pepper.
- DIP asparagus into flour, eggs, then into panko mixture, pressing to coat. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- BAKE in centre of oven, until golden brown and crisp, 15 to 20 min. Serve with mayo or soy.