Baked asparagus fries
Photo, Erik Putz.
Crisp, golden and...healthy? These asparagus fries make a perfect spring snack or a beautiful accompaniment to seafood or meat.
1/2 tsp - 1 tsp
, to taste
- PREHEAT oven to 425F.
- MIX flour and pepper on a plate.
- BEAT eggs in a second plate, season with pepper.
- STIR panko with parmesan, salt and chili flakes on another plate. Season with pepper.
- DIP asparagus into flour, eggs, then into panko mixture, pressing to coat. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- BAKE in centre of oven, until golden brown and crisp, 15 to 20 min. Serve with mayo or soy.
Chatelaine Quickies: Baked asparagus fries