Asparagus, shiitake and spaghetti squash sautéBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This versatile gourd makes a healthy alternative to carb pastas.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil , or melted butter, divided
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/2 bunch thin asparagus , cut into 2-in. pieces (2 cups)
- 1 227-g pkg shiitake mushrooms , halved
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tsp chili-garlic sauces
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- PREHEAT oven to 375F, then line a baking sheet with parchment.
- CUT ends off squash and discard. Halve lengthwise, then scoop out seeds and stringy strands. Brush inside of squash with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of the salt and pepper, then place, cut-side down, on prepared sheet. Roast until a fork is easily inserted in centre, 40 to 45 min. Flip squash and cool about 15 min. Shred squash into long strands using a spoon or fork and transfer to a bowl. Toss with 1 tbsp oil.
- HEAT remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium-high, 3 to 5 min. Add asparagus, shiitakes, garlic and remaining 1/4 tsp of the salt and cook until soft, 2 min. Drizzle with chili-garlic sauce and sesame oil and cook 1 more min.
- DIVIDE squash among 4 plates. Top with asparagus mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Chatelaine Quickies: Macaroni and cheese with roasted butternut squash
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 18 g,
- 12 g,
- 5 g,
- 486 mg.
- Excellent source of