No-Bake Plant-Based Salted Peanut Butter CupsBy Chatelaine
1 h 20 min
Sweet, salty, chocolatey and loaded with peanut butter.
- 200 g vegan dark chocolate , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup icing sugar , (40 g)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp flaked sea salt
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. (Or use 12 silicone cupcake liners.)
- Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium, stirring every 30 sec, until almost melted, 1 to 2 min. Remove and stir until smooth.
- Scoop 1 tsp melted chocolate into each liner. Tilt pan so chocolate covers bottoms of liners. Freeze until firm, about 5 min.
- Meanwhile, stir peanut butter, sugar and salt in a medium bowl until combined. Mixture will be pasty. Roll into 2-tsp balls and flatten into patties. Place 1 peanut butter patty into each liner with chocolate. Press down on patty to flatten, leaving a 2-mm border.
- Scoop heaping 1 tsp melted chocolate over each patty, carefully spreading so it fills in edges and covers peanut butter mixture completely. Sprinkle with sea salt. Set aside until chocolate is firm, preferably overnight. Cups will store well, in a sealed container at room temperature, for up to 5 days.
Once chocolate is firm, trim paper liners for a neatly packaged look.