Vegan Chocolate Chip CookiesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Every kitchen needs a go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. Let this vegan version be yours.
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour , (160 g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cups coconut oil , preferably refined, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar , (96 g)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar , (48 g)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 350F.
- Stir flax meal with 3 tbsp water in a small bowl. Let stand for 10 min.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat coconut oil with sugars in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium, until fluffy, 1 to 2 min. Beat in flax mixture and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into balls, about 2 tbsp each. Arrange on two baking sheets, 2 in. apart. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown, 13 to 14 min. Transfer to a rack and cool.
Nutrition (per cookie)
- 1 g,
- 16 g,
- 7 g,
- 1 g,
- 120 mg.