Vegan Berry PavlovasBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
3 hrs 25 min
Stunning and spring fresh, this is what eating a cloud must taste like.
- 1/2 cup aquafaba , from a can of no-salt chickpeas, at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar , (150 g)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen coconut whipped topping , such as So Delicious, thawed
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- icing sugar , for garnish (optional)
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 200F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Pour aquafaba through a sieve into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Sprinkle cream of tartar overtop. Whisk on medium-high until soft peaks form when whisk is lifted, 1 to 2 min. Gradually whip in sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until stiff and glossy peaks form when whisk is lifted, 4 to 5 min. Whip in cornstarch.
- Spoon meringue onto prepared sheet in 6 large dollops, dividing evenly. Using the back of a spoon, spread meringue into 3- to 4-in.-wide circles, then indent the middles while pushing up the edges to resemble nests.
- Bake until tops are crisp and dry, 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. Turn off oven and let meringues dry in oven for 1 hr more. Transfer baking sheet to a rack and cool completely, about 30 min.
- Top meringues with coconut whipped topping and berries. Sift icing sugar over, if desired.
Aquafaba, the viscous liquid in canned chickpeas, can be used as an egg white substitute. Aquafaba from no-salt chickpeas has better flavour and whips to stiff peaks faster. Read more about aquafaba.
Make ahead. Store cooled meringues in a sealed container at room temperature in a dry spot for up to 3 days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 41 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 1 mg.