Vanilla custard sauce
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS 10 minutes cooling time
Photo, Roberto Caruso.
1 1/2 cups
- HEAT 1 1/4 cups of the milk in a medium saucepan over medium-high until it starts to simmer.
- WHISK sugar and yolks in a medium bowl until combined. Whisk in cornstarch and salt until smooth, then whisk in remaining 1/4 cup milk.
- SLOWLY pour hot milk into yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Pour mixture back into saucepan and set over medium-low.
- CONTINUE cooking, whisking constantly, until mixture has thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon, about 8 min. Stir in vanilla.
- COOL over an ice bath, stirring, for 10 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 7 g,
- 2 g,
- 41 mg.