Vanilla custard sauceBy Chatelaine
1 3/4 cups
- 1 1/2 cups milk , divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- HEAT 1 1/4 cups of the milk in a medium saucepan over medium-high until it starts to simmer.
- WHISK sugar and yolks in a medium bowl until combined. Whisk in cornstarch and salt until smooth, then whisk in remaining 1/4 cup milk.
- SLOWLY pour hot milk into yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Pour mixture back into saucepan and set over medium-low.
- CONTINUE cooking, whisking constantly, until mixture has thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon, about 8 min. Stir in vanilla.
- COOL over an ice bath, stirring, for 10 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 7 g,
- 2 g,
- 41 mg.