We created this easy-to-whip-together mousse to end dinner with a smile.
Valentine's chocolate mousse with pistachios
This article has not been rated yet.
2 to 4 servings
- 113-g bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate
- 250-mL container 35% cream , about 1 cup
- 2 tbsp orange or coffee liqueur , optional
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp chopped shelled pistachios , optional
- Finely chop chocolate. Place in a small saucepan with 1/4 cup (50 mL) cream. Set over low heat. Stir continuously, just until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, from 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape into a medium-size bowl. Or place chocolate and 1/4 cup (50 mL) cream in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium just until chocolate is nearly melted, 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir until completely melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in liqueur and vanilla.
- In a medium-size bowl, using an electric mixer, beat remaining 3/4 cup (175 mL) cream until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Stir 1/4 cup (50 mL) whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining cream just until no white streaks remain. Spoon into parfait dishes or dessert bowls. Refrigerate, uncovered, at least 1 hour or cover and refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle pistachios over mousse just before serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4.2 g,
- 10 g,
- 37.8 g,
- 27 mg.