Turtle fudgeBy Chatelaine
3 hrs 55 min
This combination is simply irresistible. Using packaged caramels makes it incredibly easy.
- 450 g bittersweet chocolate , chopped, about 3 cups
- 300-mL can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans , coarsley chopped, divided
- 300 g chewy caramels , unwrapped (preferably Werther's)
- 1 tbsp 35% cream
- 1/4 tsp flaked sea salt , such as Maldon
- LINE the bottom and sides of an 8 × 8-in. baking pan with 2 large, overlapping pieces of plastic wrap.
- COMBINE chocolate with milk in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on medium, stirring halfway through, until chocolate is almost melted, 2 to 3 min. Remove and stir until evenly mixed and smooth. Fold in 1 cup pecans. Scrape fudge into prepared pan and press down. Cover with plastic wrap and press down to smooth. Set aside.
- COMBINE caramels with cream in a medium saucepan over medium. Cook, stirring often, until just melted and smooth, about 7 min. Set aside to cool slightly, about 2 min. Uncover fudge and spread caramel over fudge to the edges. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans and salt. Cover pan with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Fudge keeps well, refrigerated, up to 1 week.
Chatelaine Cookies: Turtle Fudge
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 29 g,
- 16 g,
- 3 g,
- 64 mg.